Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So here's my dilemma.

I want to enhance performance with a better flowing exhaust and downpipe. What exhaust and downpipe combination is the quietest possible or closest to stock sound levels?

What's the best option for this purpose?

I am thinking a catted downpipe and a resonated exhaust of some sort, but am not sure what type yet. Suggestions?

·
Registered
369 Posts
No matter what you do it's going to get louder. Prob quietest way will be a dp with stock cat back.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The catback will make SOME power, the stocker is only 2.17" and has a garbage can for a muffler. Catted DP will keep the DB's down alot compared to a catless, and like you said in your post, some form of resonated exhaust would be the best option.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can attest, the catless downpipe really woke the car up (could be in conjunction with my other mods)
I'm getting a catback fabbed up on Friday, so we'll see what the butt dyno says about the complete package

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Do you have your mods listed somewhere?
In my opinion the DP will make the car feel quicker through the gears and the catback will convince you you're going faster because of the fun noises it makes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Do you have your mods listed somewhere?
In my opinion the DP will make the car feel quicker through the gears and the catback will convince you you're going faster because of the fun noises it makes!

Theyre in my signature.
Cobb AP, FSwerks intake, Milltek catless DP, Motegi MR125's, custom valved BC coilovers are on the way, exhaust goes on this Friday, and I have a couple small visual things as well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Theyre in my signature.
Cobb AP, FSwerks intake, Milltek catless DP, Motegi MR125's, custom valved BC coilovers are on the way, exhaust goes on this Friday, and I have a couple small visual things as well.

Sorry, I don't see signatures on my iPad. Sounds like you have a nice set up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts