Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
i'm new to the forums and just ordered my fiesta st molten orange that should be in for beginning of march.
Before she comes in i want to have a couple of things ready and set up for install when it gets delivered.

First thing i want to do is put wheel spacers on the stock wheels.
Wondering if anyone has already done that, and if so what size.
Cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why would you want to do a thing like that? Ford optimized the wheel offset for this car and the car is already regarded as one of the best handling hot hatches. Spacers will change the suspension geometry and put a great deal of strain on the wheel bearings as well as the wheel studs.
When you get your car - Just drive and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: samo

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i have to disagree. spacers increase the cars foot print and equals to better performance on the stock setup.
is it really gonna make a difference on the street really? The car handles well as it is. If it were for track thats different. It's just my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't do it...it will upset the car's suspension and steering geometry. After many years of building/racing cars, spacers can be engineered to address specific issues like correcting clearances between wheels and calipers. Spacer materials and machining tolerances are critical..never use universal fit spacers as they will not hold up to the stress of steering and torque inputs.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks like i wont be doing it then! :p
i just personally like the flush rim with fender look, wider stance and looks more sporty. But if it actually detracts from the driving experience, then i definitely won't.
Looks like i'll just have to get some aftermarket rims with a lower offset to make it a bit more flush.
Being a honda guy before getting the fiesta, i have no clue what wheel manufacturers actually make wheels in the 4x108 bolt pattern and fiesta offset. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
looks like i wont be doing it then! :p
i just personally like the flush rim with fender look, wider stance and looks more sporty. But if it actually detracts from the driving experience, then i definitely won't.
Looks like i'll just have to get some aftermarket rims with a lower offset to make it a bit more flush.
Being a honda guy before getting the fiesta, i have no clue what wheel manufacturers actually make wheels in the 4x108 bolt pattern and fiesta offset. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You my friend are in for a rude awakening .. Coming from the Do everything 4-100 lug pattern to the limited 4-108.. As i have found you need to look high and low and maybe make some calls to see if the wheel you love could be redrilled or made to fit your car . there are some nice places like Team Dynamics that make different offset wheels in our size.. Also there are others tat will make stuff for you but at a price.. not a bad thing just how it is for our weird lug pattern...
On the Spacer thing i had run a set of hub centric spacers on my FRS and it set my track wheels out just enough to make it look right I only used a 10 mm with longer lugs provided in the kit.. not any Ebay stuff but good stuff never had a issue and i think the car tracked better though it was a camber poor car to start so i had to toss in a set of upper strut bolts for good measure to try and get the most out of my tires in the twisties... But i took them out for DD...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You my friend are in for a rude awakening .. Coming from the Do everything 4-100 lug pattern to the limited 4-108.. As i have found you need to look high and low and maybe make some calls to see if the wheel you love could be redrilled or made to fit your car . there are some nice places like Team Dynamics that make different offset wheels in our size.. Also there are others tat will make stuff for you but at a price.. not a bad thing just how it is for our weird lug pattern...
On the Spacer thing i had run a set of hub centric spacers on my FRS and it set my track wheels out just enough to make it look right I only used a 10 mm with longer lugs provided in the kit.. not any Ebay stuff but good stuff never had a issue and i think the car tracked better though it was a camber poor car to start so i had to toss in a set of upper strut bolts for good measure to try and get the most out of my tires in the twisties... But i took them out for DD...
looks like we better get an enkei rpf1 groupbuy going asap! :p
the FiST is still fairly new so hopefully some companies will be making some rims for our car because there is gonna be demand

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
looks like we better get an enkei rpf1 groupbuy going asap! :p
the FiST is still fairly new so hopefully some companies will be making some rims for our car because there is gonna be demand
Someone tried that and got enough to go ahead but for some reason Enkei would not make us that wheel at that time.. But I would be in for a set if it ever comes about.. And yes lets hope some do make wheels though the 4-108 has been around for a long time in the Focus till they went 5-108 !! still not main stream.. though with some hunting you can find some options... Just not RPF1's yet...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
191 Posts
Please don't buy Rota wheels. The sooner people stop the sooner that company will go out of business.

View attachment 530
I'm not a Rota Wheels fan, but I wonder if the Rota wheel knockoffs are causing some of these failures? Over the last several years, Rota's have been knocked off and those wheels have questionable quality issues. Seems ironic that Rota's are being knocked off when Rota wheels are basically knockoff's themselves. Here is a link to a story that ran about 5 months ago that might be of interest: Notorious wheel counterfeiter, ROTA angry about being knocked-off by China

1 - 20 of 25 Posts