Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I picked up my Fiesta ST a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying it! However sadly some idiot managed to dink the side after less than a week of ownership and since then I seem to have collected no end of stone chips on the wheels. They are the standard 17" alloys in radio grey. I had a seat ibiza for 2 years and didn't get a single mark on them so I don't see how it can be my fault! Just to clarify, these are not from kerbing. I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this or if it was just me being really unlucky!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe post some pictures of the damage and your certain the wheels weren't marked up from the dealership?

When I got mine I immediately notice a ding to one of my rado wheels as well. Got the dealer to repair the wheel. The damage to my wheel I'm almost certain it was from the tire machine and not curbing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, attached at the bottom are some pics. I picked mine up in the dark after work and didn't manage to get a proper look at it in the light until i washed it on the following weekend. When i saw the wheels there was a nasty looking dink round the outer of the rim. The following week I complained to ford and they agreed to refurb the wheel (better than nothing but not what you want on a brand new car after less than 2 weeks of ownership). So last weds i dropped the wheel off with them and their wheels guy filled and sprayed them and i picked it up the day after. He did an ok job with a really good colour match but a slightly duller rougher surface. I said I wasn't really happy and they have since agreed to swap the wheel for one from a demonstrator (so watch out if you are getting an st in the warwickshire region!). Since then I have found a few more scrapes. These are not from kerbing. ​Pic1 Mark on rear right Pic2 mark on front left Pic3 Mark on front left Pic4 Mark on rear right before refurb Pic5 Refurb job on rear right, notice dull spoke next to valve (am I being too pedantic?)
Tire Wheel Light Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Auto part Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Car Engine Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Wheel

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've had nothing but problems with the Rado Gray painted wheels. Had a huge chunk taken out of one while being guided into a touchless car wash that resulted in a two week power struggle to get the owner to replace the wheel, then when I had my all season tires mounted at the dealer the tire machine head scratched all four of my wheels all the way around the lip. The dealer had the wheel scratches repaired and I was told they put 2 layers of clear coat on my wheels to try and help prevent future scratches.

The wheels look fantastic and I didn't order my FiST so I didn't have a choice on wheel color, but I'll probably be avoiding wheels like this on future purchases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts