Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that the incentives are over the 31 of December. almost got one, but the lack of recaros broke the deal. would have been different though if I got a discount and better apr though.

the fist I was looking at had moonroof and painted wheels only and with taxes it was 25800$. minus 3500 down +1000 incentive, I was looking at 21000$ out the door... I was not convinced and left the dealer empty handed :( was this a good deal or the norm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told today that the incentives are over the 31 of December. almost got one, but the lack of recaros broke the deal. would have been different though if I got a discount and better apr though.

the fist I was looking at had moonroof and painted wheels only and with taxes it was 25800$. minus 3500 down +1000 incentive, I was looking at 21000$ out the door... I was not convinced and left the dealer empty handed :( was this a good deal or the norm?

Thats too high

look at this
Los Angeles, CA 2015 Ford Fiesta ST New Hatchback Orange County, CA Newport Beach, CA Ken Grody Ford-Buena Park | 60331 | 3FADP4GX7FM126911

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After rebates the price was $20,799.
wow, I almost got hosed..., that dealer has crazy markup. (los Cerritos auto square in California for those wondering) looks like I'd have to venture out of my way for my fist..

for clarification, the fist I looked at only had moonroof and painted wheels

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow, I almost got hosed..., that dealer has crazy markup. (los Cerritos auto square in California for those wondering) looks like I'd have to venture out of my way for my fist..

It may help that i live in MA... And the car's summer tires needed to be swapped out almost immediately.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't let them 4-square you. Don't worry about any down payment. Tell them you're putting $0 down. Only focus on the price of the car.

TrueCar will give you good pricing if you don't wanna get bent over. Just watch out because they won't make much money, they'll look to make it up elsewhere (selling extended warranties, etc). Stick firm to that price being the price and you're good.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew they were more expensive than other dealers, but 3k is big dif. they wanted 29k for a fist with recaros, among other options and I was like, na..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to Ken Grody Ford, If you have good credit and good bargaining power. you can get the deal you want for way less.

I got my 2015 FiST no option for $18,780. MSRP is $21,740

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't let them 4-square you. Don't worry about any down payment. Tell them you're putting $0 down. Only focus on the price of the car.

TrueCar will give you good pricing if you don't wanna get bent over. Just watch out because they won't make much money, they'll look to make it up elsewhere (selling extended warranties, etc). Stick firm to that price being the price and you're good.

this is true, or be ready before you go to the dealer. I used Edmunds car loan calculator to run numbers before I went to purchase my FiST

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes - as a sanity check, run the numbers yourself - take their exact price, add tax (on the whole price before rebates), add $300 for DMV fees, and plug it in to a payment calculator. Often they'll ask if "that payment is OK", even with their price for the car. They will almost ALWAYS put a service contract into that "monthly payment" number to prepare you for it, and say "Oh, this doesn't cost you ANY extra, the warranty/GAP/tire/blinker fluid is already included in your payment!". If the payment doesn't match up exactly, ask them why.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts