Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and probably ladies.

I want to mod the ST2 a little and the first 2 mods will be a decat and intake (injen), but I am a little unsure as to what decat to fit, I was looking at the 3" Scorpion for £160 but it doesn't come with the gasket and I can't seem to find the OE gasket online so I went on to look at the Milltek Cat Replacement Pipe (decat) which comes with the gasket, now they call in a Cat Replacement Pipe and to me that says it should "replace" the standard cat and bolt to the stock cat back but when I rang PumaSpeed to confirm this, they told me it only fits with Milltek cat back, is this true?

Personally I want the 3" Scorpion but unsure where to buy the relevant gasket.

Next mod after the decat and Injet intake will be custom 2.5" from decat.

Cheers,
Dan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah, cheers dude. I've never just had a cat replaced so I didn't know and also assumed the gasket might fall apart when removing after 9000 miles. The last and only exhaust I've had replaced was full custom on a Audi S3, 1999. So I'm not too clued up on replacing parts.

Again, thanks ;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ah, cheers dude. I've never just had a cat replaced so I didn't know and also assumed the gasket might fall apart when removing after 9000 miles. The last and only exhaust I've had replaced was full custom on a Audi S3, 1999. So I'm not too clued up on replacing parts.

Again, thanks ;)
No Problem I think if I recall the stock gasket is a metal gasket so it should come off ok and be reusable even at that milage :)

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
If you're concerned buy some hi-temp gasket paste just to be sure to make a good seal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the advice guys, ST2Focus I work at a Ford dealership so they should have that paste readily available :p

joker96, I've heard good things about that DP, even to the point where people can't believe that noise can come from just a DP but I couldn't find it in the UK so I went with the 3" Scorpion :)

Injen intake also ordered, next might be that other pipe on the hot side of the turbo (to the intercooler) apparently it has a reasonator and goes as narrow as 1 - 1.5" in places, madness.
Either that or custom 2.5" from decat back, because to be honest... This sounds too good IMO Instagram

·
Registered
946 Posts
I wanna do a DP in a bad way, just don't wanna deal with the CEL bs..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was leaning toward a DP for my next mod, but the price of a catted version is not too far south of FMIC money, so I may aim for that instead

Also,
2jr website said:
With our 2JR 3" Catback, Full Race DP, Cobb AP (93map V1), and K&N Drop in Filter - we clicked off continuous 247-251wtq runs with varying between 200-202 whp.
With the 2JR catted DP and the same mods, we turned mid 230wtq.
Is there really a 17+ wtq difference between catted and catless? If so, it might be worth dealing with a CEL to have those kinds of gains at almost half the cost of a catted

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I was leaning toward a DP for my next mod, but the price of a catted version is not too far south of FMIC money, so I may aim for that instead

Also,

Is there really a 17+ wtq difference between catted and catless? If so, it might be worth dealing with a CEL to have those kinds of gains at almost half the cost of a catted
I have had Both 2J DP (Catted First now Catless) and will say the race version is quicker though it does have that smell of exhaust at times not bad but it is there like unburned hydrocarbons,,, And the Catted 2J DP only threre a P0420 CEL so I have it turned off in the Tune Joe said he would do it for me but as I have the access tuner software from COBB i did it myself and not with the cattless DP and a tune from Randy at Mountune he also turned it off for me so I get no CEL about CAT efficeincies

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts