Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all Fiesta lovers!

I have a limited bugget so i want to buy an used car. I'm wavering between Ford Fiesta and Toyota Yaris. My friends often said that the Japanese-car (Yaris) is more durable than Fiesta.
I have a bit of knownledge about cars. I don't know which car is better?
I've read many review about these 2 cars but i want to know your real experiences in our forums.
Thanks for helping me!

·
Registered
743 Posts
With used, there is no blanket statement of get x. It depends on how the used car was maintained and used/abused.

Saying that, I dislike the ergonomics in the Yaris. Scratch that, make that hate.

Depending on year/miles....Also consider honda fit, Honda civic, nissan sentra, nissan versa, Toyota Corolla, hyundai & kia.

i bought my new daily driver in the fall. 2004 nissan murano AWD with only 20k miles. I got it for $14k plus I picked it up at an Infiniti dealer so I was able to get the nissan extended warranty. A basically new $36k (msrp) vehicle for a fraction of the cost

·
Registered
81 Posts
At the price point the Fiesta and Yaris are new, you aren't likely to find a well kept example. People who shop sub-$15k new cars treat them as disposable on the whole. Buy the newest example you can find with the fewest miles. Carmax might be your friend here. I liked the Fiesta better between the 2 when I sat in them at the auto show. Did not drive the Yaris. I've no reason to believe it's underpowered 1.5 would have made me like it better though.

I'll second the Fit recommendation above. Neighbor has a Versa. Avoid if you have any soul left.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Fiesta ST or 1.0 or GTFO

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, since you are looking for a used model I would imagine you would be going for years between 2010 and 2012.

Here is the edmunds review for the 2010 yards: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Review | Edmunds.com

The yaris then goes on until 2012 when it is redesigned. Here is the link to the 2012 review: 2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Review | Edmunds.com

Here is the review for the 2011 fiesta: 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Review | Edmunds.com

The fiesta was left mostly unchanged until 2013.

I would go with the fiesta.

-A lot better looking
-more zip in the engine
-Yaris: 106HP Fiesta: 120HP
-Both have very similar MPG so no downside to added zip
-more potential for finding ones with fancier upgrades then what you would find in a yaris
-I like bulletpoints

·
Registered
526 Posts
Fiesta's chassis is much more agile than the yaris. For years moto journalists have praised the chassis dynamics of the fiesta and wished it had more power to exploit the fantastic dynamics of the car. Ford listened to the advice clearly as we now have the ST

1 - 11 of 11 Posts