Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This video from Cobb R&D shows the Focus ST's engine wiggling about wildly with the sloppy stock RMM bushings - Ford decided it would be cheaper to use the same RMM as non turbo Fiesta and Focii, so thus we're saddled with this issue.

This is why replacing the bushings with either the PowerFlex ones - or installing the COMING THIS MONTH Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta is such a good idea.

While the video shows you what happens with a Focus, this makes it visually clear why this is such a "Must-Do" upgrade.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I understood why it was needed, but didn't realize how badly it really was needed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Honda engine mounts will sometimes need to be replaced. The auto repair of Honda engine mounts can be time consuming and expensive. There are various decisions that need to be made when choosing whether to replace your Honda engine mounts yourself or to go to an auto repair shop. Honda owners need to determine the best possible options when dealing with engine mounts.
Uhhhhh, what?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
678 Posts
Clear spam, reported.

Definitely will buy ASAP.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ford decided it would be cheaper to use the same RMM as non turbo Fiesta and Focii, so thus we're saddled with this issue.
Not disagreeing with you that the RMM needs a better solution than stock, but I bought one for R&D purposes, and it has an ST specific part number.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Either way, the spec'd durometer bushings that were used, even if they are ST specific, are way too soft and sloppy
Agree completely. Even without a torque multiplier (screw driver or ratchet extension) I can move both mounting locations around with my hands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts