Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how wide your rims/tires can be before you have rubbing or modding the car?:confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's a pretty weak sticky given the question asked, especially considering the fact that it ultimately leaves the question unanswered. I asked the same thing (internally) and found that the information doesn't exist on the site.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It has been confirmed that a 235/40/17 will fit on the front with minimal rubbing, using the factory rim. With spacers and correct offset you might be able to fit a little bit more but once they get that tall they will rub. I'm not sure about going with a crazy wide 15inch with out cutting/modding things. I know Raam was doing something along those lines.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The answer is that it depends on the overall height of the tire and the offset of the wheels. There is not a lot of room in the wheel wells. Also, not all tires are the same width, even if they are listed with the same section width.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
@Cligedy is correct. Tires are like shoes, some run larger than others even though they may say they are the same size.

@Klink, What diameter wheel do you want to run? Are you planning to lower your ST? Do you want to keep your tires and wheels within the fenders or do you want them to stick out?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Discount Tire I wanted to run 17's so I can just switch out without having to deal with the speedsensor or anything. Was thinking about lowering a tad bit, but nothing too low or stanced (and not for a while at that)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know 225/50/16 Rivals do not fit, but I'd like to know if 225/50/16 Ventus RS3s or Dunlop Z2s will. Honestly, we need some 225/45 choices.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I will probably try the 225/50R16. Rs3v2 for my next autocross tire. It is narrower than the Rivals and may not rub. I would likely have them shaved by 1/16" to ensure minimal rubbing.

Reactions: Christahoe

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will probably try the 225/50R16. Rs3v2 for my next autocross tire. It is narrower than the Rivals and may not rub. I would likely have them shaved by 1/16" to ensure minimal rubbing.
Let me know what you find out. If it doesn't work I'll end up with the 205 width RS3. I plan to get Mountune springs, but if the 225/50 RS3s fit then springs will be off the table I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
@Discount Tire I wanted to run 17's so I can just switch out without having to deal with the speedsensor or anything. Was thinking about lowering a tad bit, but nothing too low or stanced (and not for a while at that)
If you want to keep it simple, I suggest running a 7.5" wide wheel with an offset around +40mm and slightly larger tires. Tire size 215/40R-17 is a good option. If you want to push the limits (possible modifications) you could run 225/35R-17 tires on a 7.5" wide wheel but the handling will likely be better with the 215/40R-17 size as this size is optimized for a 7.5" wide wheel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Let me know what you find out. If it doesn't work I'll end up with the 205 width RS3. I plan to get Mountune springs, but if the 225/50 RS3s fit then springs will be off the table I'm sure.
Will do. I'm the guy who found out that the Rivals rubbed, I don't mind being a guinea pig.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to keep it simple, I suggest running a 7.5" wide wheel with an offset around +40mm and slightly larger tires. Tire size 215/40R-17 is a good option. If you want to push the limits (possible modifications) you could run 225/35R-17 tires on a 7.5" wide wheel but the handling will likely be better with the 215/40R-17 size as this size is optimized for a 7.5" wide wheel.
Hey man, do you know if 215/45-17 would fit? I run 15mm wheel spacers so I do have a little extra room. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts