Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2J racing will do a group buy on the Wilwood 12.2" 6 piston front only kit they sell. The base kit normally goes for 879.00 they will do it for 699.00 if we have 10 or more takers. Another forum has 5 people intertested. I believe 2J will allow us to combine forces. So we need 5 people here to make the deal work. Granted our stock brakes are very good, the Wilwood's look great, should reduce dust and will provide even more bite.

· Registered
635 Posts
Depends on when it's going to be shipped, i'm going to come into some finances soon and am pretty interested, more information?

· Registered
102 Posts
Is that $699.00 price without the Wilwood line kit that the page says is REQUIRED for installation ($105.99)?

And at that price it's without any silly slots or holes in the rotors.

I wouldn't have considered an aftermarket brake kit for this car, but it appears we still have no brake pad choices for the front. I have my third track event in the car in a month and my OEM pads are on the backing plate now. It's spend a couple hundred for OEM pads that will still not perform on track or put that money toward a solution.

Is this a reputable vendor? Is there any comment on availability? For example, if you pay today, how long is the wait.

· Registered
102 Posts
Is it appropriate to call that company directly and inquire on availability? As I said, I might be more inclined to jump if I knew it would be here far enough in advance of a May 17 Track event that I'm attending. If that's not possible, then I may just get some pads and play a bit more of a waiting game to see what manufacturers come forward with their own pads.

Personally, I believe that the stock brakes are more than enough for ALL street driving this car will ever see. Having this ST as my backup track car means mine will only ever see up to several weekends on track a year. A BBK is more than overkill for me.

· Registered
102 Posts
Just to update.

I ended up getting a nice and informative response from 2J Racing.
Apparently, the Group Buy hasn't met the numbers, but he says it's still going.

I am awaiting his confirmation of availability and shipping ETA and will know then if I am moving forward.

If any of you are on the fence, this appears to still be a possibility.

Along those lines.....Does anyone know of ANY aftermarket, track, pads available NOW for the stock front calipers?

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Along those lines.....Does anyone know of ANY aftermarket, track, pads available NOW for the stock front calipers?
Call Porterfield Or Email them and ask about the R4 race pads they make them front and rear now as I have a set of street pads R4S from them LINKY
Contact us

Porterfield Enterprises Ltd
1767 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 548-4470
Fax: (949) 548-7783
Outside California: (800) 537-6842

Email: [email protected]

Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm PST

Reactions: carramrod
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.