Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an owner currently, but roughly 90% sure I will be in the next 24-48 hours.

Wondering if any of you have purchased the wind deflectors and possibly have a photo or two? They do not specifically say they are for the ST but I am not sure of any differences between an ST and non ST hatch.

They may look tacky but before I got into my wreck, I had installed them on my fit. Enjoyed being able to crack my window even when it is cold out to let in the right amount of airflow and road noise.

Side Window Deflectors - 5-Door | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ran across a set while searching the net. Although at the site I am at, it specifically titled it as "tape-on"

Not sure how they will hold up. Could be good or bad as I have 0 experience with them. Bought the factory ones for my Fit and they were a combination of brackets and tape.

Still browsing though for some all weather floor mats. I would prefer the ST factory ones for an exact fit but have not found them on any wholesale sites.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
The weathertech on the rear windows for the FocusST have adhesive, but they're still in channel. They don't stick onto the window/door frame which is super nice. Looks really clean, almost as if it was part of the car to begin with. I bought mine on amazon for dirt money, but I guess I just got lucky with the price I paid. I waited until it dropped. They're not cheap, but weathertech is excellent quality. I've had them for all of my vehicles. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ran across a set while searching the net. Although at the site I am at, it specifically titled it as "tape-on"

Not sure how they will hold up. Could be good or bad as I have 0 experience with them. Bought the factory ones for my Fit and they were a combination of brackets and tape.

Still browsing though for some all weather floor mats. I would prefer the ST factory ones for an exact fit but have not found them on any wholesale sites.
Ask your dealers detail/custom parts guy about them. I scored the Fiesta ST branded mats ( the same ones in the protection package ) for $100. They ended up being free cause of the deal I worked, but that's not bad for these really nice mats people are paying 595 for with a car cover.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I had both front weather techs blow off in a windy canyon last year, they were fairly new and installed properly, WT sent me a brand new 4 window set which was cool of them. This was on our V8 4runner.

I have had them on other vehicles with no issues ever.

I do not like the look of stick on ones, all seem rather tacky to me.

I only use them due to having to keep our dogs in the car, truck, SUV, etc at times and if raining.....can keep the windows down a bit for ventilation, other than that I would not use them.

Just my two cents:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Other than a few reasons that may warrant them, why would you put those on a sporty vehicle. They are certainly not sporty. I would rather turn my AC on when it is raining than put those on my car and crack a window.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If this is addressed to me I am not planning to put them on my car, if I did only the kind that fits inside the tracks, not stuck on ones..
I sometimes have to leave the dogs in the car, two very valuable and very friendly dogs,I would not do so and leave the engine running.
When to hot to take them they have to stay in the trailer that has dual AC units and hooked up to shore power or running a generator if not.

I never had a set on any vehicle in 42 years of modding them until we got the dogs, now I have to for some situations but hope not to on the Fist.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. Think they would have looked OK on the tuxedo black but they brought in a race red for me to look at. Going to be picking that up and if I got the deflectors, I think it would really stick out on a red car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wasn't singling anyone out in particular. I just think that those things are ugly on any car. To me they look as good as those double chrome wiper blades that people were putting on there cars years ago.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Climair deflectors are the buisness. They fit inside the rubber seals. Only issue is they seem to only be available in the UK, as with most ST parts!
The shipping is ridiculous!
Here's a link for some for the 5dr.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321139531847

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts