Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my winter wheels on the car right after i left the dealer yesterday. I will have a few more pics tomorrow but heres one. The rims may not look as good as the stock but they are definitely better than steelies.
MSW Type 19 15 inch
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 195/55R15

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think you got the last ones from Tire Rack, they were my backup plan if my other rims got delayed (which they did) slim pickings now for the cheap rims. Congrats on all the purchases though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you got the last ones from Tire Rack, they were my backup plan if my other rims got delayed (which they did) slim pickings now for the cheap rims. Congrats on all the purchases though!
Dang, sorry about that haha. Yeah I had to get ones that were at the Indiana warehouse to keep the shipping costs down and these rims and tires seemed to be the only ones that were both in Indiana. I too noticed that there was not much to choose from and some of the rims listed say only 2 or 3 available which is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice mudflaps :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Haha yeah, good ole michigan winters.

Congrats looks good :)
Thanks. The car actually looks pretty stocker with them on and looks pretty good when its not covered in the winter nastiness. It looked good for a day lol.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Did you get them with TMPS sensors? If so have you attempted to program them yourself yet?
That is a negative sir. I cannot justify the cost. 140 for the sensors from tire rack and I think i found the tool for 75? I just cant see spending that since I already went way past my budget when I bought this car. I payed for the 125,000 extended warranty because my current situation in life makes me drive 500+ miles a week just to get to work. The warranty added so much to my final cost that I went way over budget and by the time I am out of warranty hopefully I can afford to mod it lmao.(or atleast find a new job by then that pays alot more) I also got the 5 year tire/rim warranty which is tied to the VIN so it covers my winter wheels as well.

As much as the TPMS message pisses me off that it doesnt clear itself off my MFT screen, I will live with it.
Also I usually check my tire pressure every other fill up so it doesnt bother me as much just the annoying message.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As much as the TPMS message pisses me off that it doesnt clear itself off my MFT screen, I will live with it.
Also I usually check my tire pressure every other fill up so it doesnt bother me as much just the annoying message.
Yeah I was basically in the same situation, I opted to not get TPMS (luckily Tire Rack will still sell us tires without them... If you go to a brick/mortar tire ship it's apparently ILLEGAL to not install TPMS on tires). I also got the wheel/tire coverage from Ford (but not the extended warranty). In Michigan, if they keep not passing road funding, this will pay for itself probably 5 times over :), I'm already a little nervous about the potholes I've hit just in the first few weeks of ownership. One thing about the tire warranty I was worried about is if they will try to not cover the tire if it doesn't have TPMS.

What do you mean it doesn't clear itself off the MFT screen? Mine pops up in the middle and beeps, then it goes away about 5 seconds after it pops up. And yeah, I don't need TPMS on my winter wheels, the sidewalls are gigantic, and I check them at least once a week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you mean it doesn't clear itself off the MFT screen? Mine pops up in the middle and beeps, then it goes away about 5 seconds after it pops up. And yeah, I don't need TPMS on my winter wheels, the sidewalls are gigantic, and I check them at least once a week.
I checked again apparently it goes away when i start driving or something. I thought i had to hit ok every time but I dug into the MFT and there is an alerts area and I just deleted the alert lmao.. If they try to void the warranty of the tires based on TPMS's i will definitely fight for a refund since the warranty paperwork I have never stated anything about them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I checked again apparently it goes away when i start driving or something. I thought i had to hit ok every time but I dug into the MFT and there is an alerts area and I just deleted the alert lmao.. If they try to void the warranty of the tires based on TPMS's i will definitely fight for a refund since the warranty paperwork I have never stated anything about them.
When you delete the warning from MFT does it not pop up again? Mine pretty much re-sets every time I park in the garage overnight since it's hanging out with my normal tires which HAVE TMPS sensors in them, and they're like 10ft away from the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts