· Registered
488 Posts
It's got to be like at least $3k for ford for the seat = not worth it

· Registered
2,234 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good find Rodmoe! Since the Recaros are essentially a Ford Part my logic tells me that they should have a Ford Part number and available for ordering. It maybe a little for expensive than already installed, but does provide some hope for individuals who want to save up towards them. Body shops maybe able to get industry pricing on the seats.

What I'm curious about is the air bag sensors and how they work.

Theoretically they should be a fairly easy swap out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
678 Posts
30/mo for a lot of months...

Yes, buying them after the fact is very doable, but not cheap by any means. Add extra if you want to wire up those heated seats.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
30 x 60 = 1800 at zero % interest thats not so bad .. Yes they are listed in the ford part online but I never priced the seat only the rear seat headrests when i swapped out my tall ones for the cooler looking middle one..
And they were like 300 for the pair ..

· Registered
656 Posts
I am considering selling my whole setup, front and rears, 293 miles on the car.......and putting in fixed back seats to save 40-50lbs.....not sure yet and I would have to get at least $2k for the Recaros, maybe more.

Reactions: dubtastic

· Registered
153 Posts
I priced just the orange seat covers from Ford for my car with the gray Recaro"s. It was around $6000.00 front seats and back!
So the front Recaro seats from the Focus on the Ford Racing site are a good $. They are very close to the Fiesta Recaro's. Then you would have to buy the rear seat covers from Ford, and that would be it.
Ron

· Registered
153 Posts
What color are your Recaro"s? Would you sell front and back ? And what part of the country are you in?
Ron

· Registered
153 Posts
Don"t for get the head rests, and the seat bottom"s and back rests are all sold separate.
Ron

· Registered
656 Posts
I estimated on another thread $4k or so I believe, probably more. I have owned many racing seats and several Recaro recliners and seats far less nice than these like the SRD, Speeds, etc, no mounts, sliders, air bags, heaters, etc.....$800 each, parts to install around $500 for the pair, or more, over $2k for nice but nowhere near as nice as these and that is only the fronts.

I have been looking at Pole Position Recaro fixed back seats, sat in several different Sparco seats, have new very high grade seat heaters and a pair of Recaro lumbar bladders I could install. I have Recaro sliders and make my own floor mounts but would have to buy side mounts, need wider than pure race seats for more road comfort as tight seats no matter how good are not fun for long trips....it would cost me around $2000 to swap to those seats and take some addtional work on them plus work on the padding to make them fit us just right.....and never look as good as the factory seats.......

As you can see, I am considering all the angles to this and the main thing I really am concerned with is saving weight and safety as could wear a harness but technically should only do so if at least a good roll bar installed which I cannot do on this project.

AND, I would have all the airbags but seat side ones and what is the issue if ever employed????

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Potentially I would do just the front seats... I don't feel there would be a need for the back to be swapped out. Unfortunately at the time it was not an option for me. Does anyone know the part numbers for the front recaros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I am considering selling my whole setup, front and rears, 293 miles on the car.......and putting in fixed back seats to save 40-50lbs.....not sure yet and I would have to get at least $2k for the Recaros, maybe more.

Should you decide to do that please let me know, I would be willing to buy the front Recaros, not really interested in the rear seats.

Im guessing that these Focus seats will be too wide for the FiST.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I believe they would be the same, as I cannot see the difference of a potentially an inch creating the need for a new seat altogether. What may differ is the bolt patterns in the floor boards.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.