Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Paid someone to install it!

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with an aftermarket exhaust (CBE or TBE), did you install it yourself? Or did you pay to have it installed? I'd like to get a feel for which option is best (both cost-wise and effort-wise).

If you installed the exhaust yourself: How did you lift your car? (Lift, jack stands, ramp?) How long did it take? How would you rate the level of difficulty and effort? Did you make any mistakes? Results?

If you paid to have the exhaust installed: Where did you go to have it installed? Price? Time? (For labor cost) Results?

I'd just like to get a feel for which route most users take. Feel free to include any other notes or comments!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I decided to have mine installed by my local tuner shop. Didn't feel like cutting the old one off and I also wanted to check out the shop and meet the owners anyway. They only charged me $50 to put it on, well worth it to me.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
DId the Cat back in Jan then the DP once it warmed up around here to a balmy 40 deg F in March LOL

·
Registered
340 Posts
TBE. Installed with jack stands. DP is a bit tricky the first go around. Read the tips that can be found on the forum. Hint: remove the intake and battery tray; go in from the top.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

oops, I mean, if you can change a tire, you can install an exhaust. Whether you want to or not is a different question.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CBE on jack stands. It was pretty easy, took about hour and half. There was a lot of chatting happening, a few adjustments to try and make it look perfect.

Easy install, not my first install, have a bit of an automotive tech background.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did it on jack stands. Most difficult part was choosing where to put the jack. I cut the stock exhaust rather than dropping the rear frame. Doing that it is not at all a difficult install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I threw my car up on jack stands and threw a yoga mat underneath and cut the exhaust right out! Problem I ran into was I could not get the hexnuts off the down pipe studs. I tried impact wrenching, breaker bar, wrench, double wrench, and all that again with a bunch of PB blaster. All with no luck and I was clearly beginning to strip the hexnut. I called it and took it to a local muffler shop and they finished the install for me for $100. If it werent for the issue I ran into this would have been an hour install easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts